Celebrate Father's Day with Your Dad
Today is Father’s Day, a special Sunday when we acknowledge our patriarchs and show our gratitude for all their hard work and sacrifice on our behalf, and the love they have shown us over the years. If you’re lucky, you’re reading this after having spent a day at the shooting range (or the local fishing hole, or golf course) with your Dad. The important thing is to get outside and do something you both enjoy together.
If you haven’t finalized your Father’s Day planning, here are some suggestions:
1. Hand-wash and wax your father’s truck or car.
2. Take your dad out to hear a live music concert — jazz, country, rock — whatever he prefers.
3. Go for a hike together or just a drive in the country.
4. Head down to Sears or the local hardware store and let pops pick out some new tools.
5. Head down to Hooters and ….
Whatever you choose, as NIKE says, “Just do it”. So, use your time wisely. Turn off this computer, and go be with your father today. Do something with him that makes him smile. The time spent together is more important than any gift that comes in a box. And, if he lives far from you, give him a call and let him know how important he is to your life. Remind him of the old adage: “Good fathers make good sons”.
- This Father’s Day Do Something Special for Dad
- Make This Father’s Day Something Special
- Make This a Special Father’s Day
- Father's Day 2008
- Gear for Dad — Father’s Day Gift Suggestions under $100.00