Sherri and Carl Battle Down to the Wire in NRA High Power National Championship
Update from Camp Perry: Today is the final day of the 2010 NRA High Power National Championship. SGT Sherri Gallagher of the USAMU remains just one point ahead of 9-time National Champion Carl Bernosky. The hardware battle is interesting — Sherri’s Tubb 2000 Bolt Gun vs. Carl’s AR-platform rifle shooting a 6mm Hagar.
Carl’s first (and perhaps best) chance to catch Sherri came in the Crescent Cup match this morning. With the entire Crescent Cup event shot standing at 200 yards, this was Carl’s great opportunity to tie Sherri, or even pull ahead. The standing position is one of Carl’s strengths — he is considered one of the best standing position shooters in history. But Sherri matched Carl shot for shot and they both finished with the same 199-4X score. So Sherri has maintained her one-point margin. If Carl and Sherri end up tied at the end of the day, Sherri will win the High Power National Championship because she has a huge X-count edge. But right now either Carl or Sherri could end up on top of the Podium.
- Carl Bernosky Wins 2011 High Power National Championship
- Individual High Power Championship — It’s Down to X-Count
- Sherri Wins Perry! Gallagher is 2010 NRA National HP Champion
- Bernosky Wins 2012 High Power Championship by Single Point
- Ten-Time Champ Carl Bernosky Talks about the High-Power Game