Bolt-Tail Cleaner Tools for .223 and .308 ARs
Here’s a simple tool that may benefit you AR15 and AR10 shooters out there. The G&G Tools’ Bolt Cleaner and Polisher uses a radiused scraper with a cleaning pad to remove stubborn carbon from the tail of your AR bolts. The G&G Tool is offered in both a .223 version and a .308 version, both priced at $29.99. There is also a more basic (scraper only) unit for $19.99.
There are other ways to remove carbon (soaking in solvent and scraping with a knife), but G&G’s tools make the job quick and easy. Credit The Firearm Blog for finding this device. Watch the video below to see the tool in action.
- New from Brownells: Multi-Tool for AR Platform Rifles
- Sinclair International Solvent Special
- TECH TIP: Clean Your Chamber and Lug Recesses
- MINI-REVIEW: Dewey Crocogator Primer Pocket Cleaner.
- Brass Cleaning Options — Tumbling, Ultrasonic, Chemical & More