Short-Range Benchrest Shooting Techniques Demonstrated
In these two videos from the Rekyyli Ja Riista (Recoil and Game) YouTube Channel, you can see how a modern, short-range benchrest rifle is shot. Note how the gun tracks superbly, returning right on target, shot after shot. As a result, the shooter doesn’t have to adjust the rifle position after firing (other than pushing the gun forward), so he can quickly load and fire within seconds of the previous shot. Good rests and consistent, smooth bolt actuation keep the gun from rocking.
It does take practice to perfect the right technique for shooting free recoil. And, of course, you must have a very good bag/rest set-up and the stock geometry and rifle balance must be perfect. The ammo caddy also helps by placing the cartridge up high, right next to the left-aide loading port. Hats off to Forum member Boyd Allen for finding these videos. Boyd told us: “Watch carefully — Now this is how it’s done.” [Work Warning: Loud gunshot noises -- Turn Down Volume before playback.]
- Free-Recoil Benchrest Shooting Demonstrated
- Stocky’s Stocks Offers MBR Tooley-Type BR Stock for $499.00
- New Flex-Arm Mount for Sure Feed Ammo Caddies
- Potential 600-Yard IBS LG Aggregate Score Record Set in Memphis
- How to Tame Vertical Stringing — Tips from Speedy