Doan Trevor — An Artist with Wood and Metal
Doan Trevor is a master gunsmith and stock-maker who works in the old style. He still hand-crafts stocks from start to finish, and does all the metal-work on the custom rifles he builds. Starting with highly-figured woods, Doan carves and shapes his stocks largely by hand, with meticulous attention to detail. Each rifle he builds is optimized for its intended discipline, and custom-fitted for the customer.
With the help of his talented wife Sue (who does the photography and builds the web pages), Doan has created a wonderful website, DoanTrevor.com, that is a feast for the eyes. You can see beautiful wood-stocked rifles being hand-crafted. Doan also illustrates how he creates custom metal parts, and how he beds barreled actions into the finished stocks.
Set aside a few minutes and visit Doan’s website. Be sure to click on the site’s secondary pages: Rifle Building, Woodworking, and Metalworking. You’ll find dozens of high-quality photos and fascinating information on gun-building.
For more information, visit DoanTrevor.com, or call (505) 890-0368, 10am-5pm M-F.
- Labors of Love — Doan Trevor, Master Gun-Builder
- Classic Hand Craftsmanship — Doan Trevor
- Doan Trevor Completes USA Veterans Team Palma Raffle Rifle
- Shilen Custom Rem 700 Clone Actions and Complete Rifles with Savage-Style Barrel Nut System
- Tuff 1 Rubberized Grip Sleeves Work on Rifles and Pistols