Colt Employees Attend Connecticut Gun Law Hearing in Hartford
On March 14, 2013, 550 employees of Colt’s Manufacturing Company traveled to the Legislative Office Building in Hartford, Connecticut. They came in strength to show support for Connecticut-based firearms manufacturing, and their message was direct: “Save our Jobs.”
Last week workers from two Colt operating companies (successors to the famed Colt Armory), boarded buses bound for the Legislative Office Building, in Connecticut’s state Capitol complex. They came to participate in a General Assembly committee hearing on a large number of gun-control measures under consideration in the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy. Michael Holmes, Colt United Auto Workers Shop Chairman, testified at the hearing, as did NSSF Director Government Relations, State Affairs Jake McGuigan, Joe Bartozzi from O.F. Mossberg, and Mark Malkowski of Stag Arms. Though not all the proposed additional gun-control legislation will move forward for eventual votes, action on some of the measures is expected within days.
- NSSF Opens Washington, D.C. Office
- Connecticut Law-Makers Propose Draconian Gun Control Laws
- Connecticut Firearms Manufacturers and Employees Speak Up
- Colt Defense LLC and New Colt Holding Corp. Merge
- NSSF Site Offers High-Level Job Opportunities in Gun Industry