Complete 6.5×47 Benchrest Rifle Build — Start to Finish on Video
This video, produced for the folks at S&S Precision in Argyle, Texas, shows a full custom 6.5×47 bench rifle being crafted from start to finish. It is a fantastic video, one of the best precision rifles video you’ll find on YouTube. It shows every aspect of the job — action bedding, chambering, barrel-fitting, muzzle crowning, and stock finishing.
You’ll be amazed at the paint job on this rig — complete with flames and four playing cards: the 6, 5, 4, and 7 of spades. Everyone should take the time to watch this 13-minute video from start to finish, particularly if you are interested in stock painting or precision gunsmithing. And the video has a “happy ending”. This custom 6.5×47 proves to be a real tack-driver, shooting a 0.274″ three-shot group at 400 yards to win “small group” in its first fun match. NOTE: If you have a fast internet connection, we recommend you watch this video in 720p HD.
- Building a Great Varmint Rifle
- Add to Your Knowledge with Our Authoritative Technical Articles
- Finger-Painting to CNC Inletting — Inside Look at McMillan Stocks
- MidwayUSA Videos Show How to Finish a Hardwood Stock
- Beijing Olympic Shooting Preview