New eBook Versions of Classic Hunting and Adventure Titles
The Boone and Crockett Club has digitally re-mastered a series of classic hunting and adventure books. Works from Theodore Roosevelt, William T. Hornaday, Charles Sheldon, Frederick C. Selous and others are being converted to high-quality eBook versions for Kindle, Nook, iPad and other eReaders. Unlike many of older hunting and adventure books available elsewhere for eReaders, the B&C Classics series has been professionally converted to high-quality, true-digital publications. Many come complete with vintage photos and drawings not found in other editions.
Two titles are available right now in the new B&C Classics series: African Game Trails and Camp-Fires in the Canadian Rockies. Five more titles are in the works. Each book in the series was authored by a Club member in the late 1800s or early 1900s.
|African Game Trails by Theodore Roosevelt. This edition includes over 100 photos, drawings and maps from the original publication as well as bonus images not found in other editions. B&C eBook price: $9.99||Camp-Fires in the Canadian Rockies by William T. Hornaday and John M. Phillips. Account of British Columbia horseback adventure with Hornaday and Phillips. Includes rare stereo camera photos. B&C eBook price: $9.99.|
Other Titles Planned for Future Release:
- Wilderness of the Upper Yukon by Charles Sheldon
- A Hunters Wanderings in Africa by Frederick C. Selous
- Big Game Shooting in Alaska by Arthur R. Dugmore
- Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail by Theodore Roosevelt
- In Brightest Africa by Carl Akeley
How to Purchase
These “digitally-remastered” classic B&C titles are available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the Apple iBookstore. Or, you can purchase direct from the Boone & Crockett online bookstore. A buyer is entitled to download the purchased publication and view it either on a computer or offline with an eReader compatible device such as a Kindle, Nook, Sony Reader, iPad, or netbook.
- Hundreds of Hunting Stories — Free for Downloading
- Winchester Releases Commemorative Ammo
- Presidents' Day — And a History Lesson
- Special Theodore Roosevelt Collection Unveiled at NRA Museum
- Classic Jack O’Connor Stories Collected in Hardback Book