iScope Smartphone Adapter for Rifle Scopes (View and Record)
Ever wish you could see the image from your riflescope on a large bright screen, and record your shooting experience when shooting targets or hunting? Well, here’s a new product that offers that functionality. The iScope is a handy adapter that connects a smartphone to your rifle scope — virtually any scope. You can see your target and cross-hairs easily without squinting and with your head in a comfortable position. Importantly, the image from the scope can be seen easily from a few feet away, allowing an instructor to provide guidance during the shooting process.
Jeff Foxworthy iScope Promo Video
(Install, App Launch, and Zoom at 1:10)
To use the iScope, you need a $0.99 App that allows you to zoom the image with a slider on your smartphone. This app also operates the Record on/off function, so you can record video clips. These can later be uploaded to YouTube and social media sites. Show the world your great bughole group, or your successful game hunt.
Practical Advantage of Digital Viewing
We think this product (or something like it) will be very valuable during training. The large view-screen allows instructors to “see what the shooter sees”, so the trainer can provide immediate feedback to the trainee. In addition, while practicing at long range, a shooter can record the position of wind-flags, or record mirage for later analysis. During a match, the iScope could be used by match directors to record shot placement, with a “shooter’s eye view”.
The iScope also offers obvious benefits for shooters with physical disabilities. Head positioning is critical with rifle optics — you must align your eye very precisely with a small circle of light (exit pupil) only a few millimeters in diameter. With a large viewscreen, a wheelchair-bound shooter can position himself comfortably and view the magnified scope image.
- Shooting sessions can be recorded and reviewed later.
- Hunters can record successful game hunts.
- View Screen allows two-person, side-by-side training.
- Digital Zoom allows greater magnification with low-power optics.
- Shooters with eye problems can see target and cross-hairs more easily.
- iScope helps Shooters with physical disabilities.
The iScope retails for about $110.00 ($99.00 on Amazon). All iScopes come prepackaged to fit the iPhone 4/4S or iPhone 5 at this time. However, you can purchase other backplates to fit popular Android OS smartphones from Motorola and Samsung. The iScope is versatile — it fits nearly all rifle scopes and there is an adapter for spotting scopes also.
- Inteliscope — Gun-Mounted SmartPhone Sighting System
- Compact Video Cam Records What You See Through Scope
- Capture Stills and Video from Spotting Scopes with iPhone Adapter
- SHOT Show Report: Pentax Power Zoom Scope — Push-Button Magnification
- Meopta Expands MeoPix iScoping Adapter Line