CMP Offers College Scholarships for 2014-15
Do you know a high-school senior with a strong interest in shooting, who could use some financial assistance for college? Well, the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) may be able to help. Each year, the CMP offers a number of $1000, one-year scholarships to promising students. CMP $1000 scholarships are awarded, on the basis of merit, to selected high school seniors who participate in rifle or pistol marksmanship competitions with a team or club.
Applications are Being Accepted Now for 2014-2015
The CMP is now taking scholarship applications for the 2014-2015 freshman college year. Scholarships are one-year awards that may be used to fund any accredited, post-secondary education or vocational program. The scholarships are paid to the scholarship recipient but must be countersigned by the financial aid offices of the college where the student is enrolled. (Note: Students planing on enrolling in a military academy are not eligible).
The deadline for CMP Scholarship Application is March 20, 2014. Learn more about the program at the CMP Website Scholarship Page. Click the links below to download Scholarship Regulations or a Scholarship Application Form (as PDF files).
Eligibility requirements for CMP scholarships are:
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be a graduating high school senior.
- Have achieved a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Can demonstrate acceptance to a university, college, or trade school leading to a diploma or trade certification.
- Have qualified for CMP JROTC Service Championships, OR have demonstrated rifle or pistol marksmanship competition experience.
- CMP Offers $1000 Scholarships for Student Shooters
- CMP Offers $1000.00 Scholarships for Graduating HS Seniors
- CMP Offers College Scholarships for Young Competitors
- CMP Awards $160,000 in College Scholarships
- Gunsmith Training at Trinidad (CO)– Six Decades of Excellence