“Show Me” Indeed: 100-5X at 1000 Yards in Missouri
They call Missouri the “Show-Me” state. Well here is something to show — a superb 100-5X 1000-yard target shot by Hornady employee, John Potratz, at the Missouri State IBS 1K Championship. This was a 10-shot heavy gun group. The cartridge was a big, .30-caliber wildcat based on the .375 Ruger parent cartridge. The bullet was the 208gr Hornady A-Max.
Missouri’s State IBS 1000-Yard Championship Match took place earlier this month at the Vapor Trail Valley range in Spickard, Missouri. Potratz set a new range record in the 1000-yard Heavy Gun Division with this 100-5X score. The group was impressively small as well: 5.571″. That was good for second best Heavy Gun group. With his combined scores and group for the event, John finished first place overall in the Heavy Gun Division (and now he’s got the trophy to prove it).
- Match Report: IBS 2015 600-Yard National Championship
- Clay Spencer Sells Bullet-Making Business To Vapor Trail Bullets
- Match Report: IBS 1000-Yard Nationals in Yukon, Missouri
- Match Report: 2012 IBS 1000-Yard National Championship in WV
- Final Results from NBRSA 600-Yard Nationals