Eye Dominance — Experts Explain How Dominance Affects Vision
The digital archives of Shooting Sports USA contain many interesting articles. A few seasons back, Shooting Sports USA featured a “must-read” expert Symposium on Eye Dominance, as it affects both rifle and pistol shooting. No matter whether you have normal dominance (i.e. your dominant eye is on the same side as your dominant hand), or if you have cross-dominance, you’ll benefit by reading this excellent article. The physiology and science of eye dominance is explained by Dr. Norman Wong, a noted optometrist. In addition, expert advice is provided by champion shooters such as David Tubb, Lones Wigger, Dennis DeMille, Julie Golob, Jessie Duff, and Phil Hemphill.
EDITOR: We highly recommend you read this article, particularly if you think you may be cross-dominant — meaning your dominant eye is on the opposite side as your dominant hand. For example, this Editor is right-handed, but my left eye is dominant.
- Eye Dominance Symposium in Shooting Sports USA
- Eye Dominance and Marksmanship — What You Need to Know
- Learn about Eye Dominance in August Shooting Sports USA
- Wind-Reading Tips from Champion Shooters
- Great Article on Wind Reading in Shooting Sports USA