Experienced rifle marksmanship instructors and shooters who would like to receive advanced training and be certified as “Master Instructors” to teach CMP-sanctioned Clinics are invited to apply to attend a CMP Master Instructor Training Workshop. Workshops are periodically held at CMP North (Camp Perry, OH) and CMP South (Anniston, AL) and in conjunction with the Eastern CMP Games and Creedmoor Cup Matches at Camp Butner, NC. CMP-sanctioned rifle clinics teach basic and intermediate rifle marksmanship skills to novice shooters. If you are interested in becoming a Master Instructor, you can apply to attend a two-day Master Instructor Training Workshop.
Clinic Dates for 2014:
February 8-9, Camp Perry, OH
WHO CAN ATTEND
Attendance at a Master Instructor Training Workshop is usually limited to 30 students per class. This is to ensure that all attendees have sufficient practical opportunities to work with workshop leaders and to practice what is taught. GSM Master Instructor students should possess these qualifications:
- Association with a shooting club or shooting range where the Master Instructor will have opportunities to teach Sanctioned Rifle Clinics.
- Experience teaching rifle marksmanship as a coach or instructor.
- Experience competing in John C. Garand, Springfield or Rimfire Sporter matches at national and club levels.
- Experience as a competitive service rifle shooter (desired, not required).
- Desire to teach marksmanship to new shooters and to help them get a good start.
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the CMP GSM Master Instructor Training Workshop, complete the APPLICATION FORM. Please submit the completed form on-line, fax it to 419-635-2573, or mail it to: CMP, Attn: Shannon Hand, P. O. Box 576, Port Clinton, OH 43452. There is a $135.00 registration fee, which includes notebook of material, CD, sling, 10 M1 Clips, 20 dummy rounds, and a CMP Rifle Scorebook.