December 8th, 2013
Are you a three-gun competitor, or do you like to use holo-sights on a handgun or shotgun? EoTech makes some of the best “heads-up” holographic sights you can buy, and now you can save $60.00 on a variety of EoTech products. This special EoTech Sight-In Savings Offer #52529 is good through 1/31/2014. See a list of qualifying products at http://Eotech.rebateaccess.com. To get the $60.00 back from EoTech, you must register your purchase no later than February 28, 2014. EoTech recommends you use the Online Registration Page, but you can also mail-in a rebate registration form
CLICK for Rebate Info and Mail-In Form | CLICK for List of Qualifying EoTech Products
Share the post "Get $60.00 Rebate on EoTech Holographic Sights"
December 4th, 2013
Every shooter needs a gun vise to hold a rifle securely during cleaning, scope-fitting, and other operations. Ideally the vise should adapt to a variety of firearms and have storage for patches, jags, and solvents. The Tipton Best Gun Vise fits the bill, and right now you can get this versatile vise for just $49.99 at Cabelas.com. The Tipton Best Gun Vise is an highly-adaptable unit that can be configured in many ways.
This is a very good deal — you may want to jump on it. Consider this — the lowest price we found elsewhere was $81.57 at Amazon.com. Cabela’s normally sells this unit for $99.99, so the $49.99 Sale Price is a steal.
Best Gun Vise Offers Great Adjustability
On the “Best” Vise, the front support, center support, and rear support all slide back and forth AND adjust for height. That makes the Best Vise incredibly versatile. It has a convertible central support that works well for AR rifles, and even some handguns. One Tipton Best Vise owner explains: “I am a gunsmith and am always putting guns in awkward positions to work on them. The versatility from the adjustable parts of this vise makes those once awkward positions stable and solid. I have yet to find a position the vise would not hold my gun in. This product was very well thought out and is well worth the money.”
Another verified owner of the Tipton Best Gun Vise says: “The center post is reversible with long and short towers which makes it great for break-open guns like single shots, over/under, and my favorite, my AR. The clamps can be pre-adjusted so that you just place the buttstock between the protective clamp pads and squeeze the cam-locks on each side and you’re ready to clean, work on, or even [do a bore-sighting]. The vise has a nice assortment of different shaped storage slots (some round, some rectangular) to hold solvent, patches, brushes or other tools. It is very sturdy… and made to last.”
To really understand how the Tipton Best Gun Vise can adapt to just about any rifle, you have to see it in action. In the video below, MidwayUSA President Larry Potterfield puts a Best Gun Vise through its paces, and shows hows to adjust the various supports.
Sale Find by EdLongrange. We welcome reader submissions.
Share the post "Tipton Best Gun Vise on Sale for $49.99 at Cabelas.com"
November 29th, 2013
Forum members have asked “what’s the best option in a spotting scope in the $500 to $1000 price range?” We’d certainly have to include Kowa spotting scopes on the “short list” for value-priced, high-performance spotters. And now Kowa spotting scopes are cheaper than ever, thanks to Bullets.com’s Holiday Kowa Promotion. Kowa Spotting scope and binoculars are on sale at Bullets.com for up to 26% off regular list prices.
If you need an affordable spotting scope for High Power matches or hunting, consider the 66mm or 82mm Kowas. If you want a no-compromise, ultra-low-dispersion glass, category-leading spotting scope, take a look at the 88mm Kowa Prominars. These have been rated among the “best of the best” in a variety of independent spotting scope comparison tests. Bullets.com is also discounting a wide range of Kowa binoculars.
Share the post "Kowa Spotting Scopes and Binocs on Sale at Bullets.com"
November 27th, 2013
Polish off your credit cards boys and girls, the big Brownells Black Friday Sale begins at 12:01 am on Thanksgiving Day, November 28, 2013. You’ll find great bargains on gun parts and accessories, as well as reloading gear and gunsmithing tools. (Brownells is the world’s largest supplier of gun accessories and gunsmithing tools) The special sale prices start on November 28th and continue through the weekend — you have until 11:59 pm CST on December 2, 2013 to grab these Brownells bargains.
Here Are Some Currently-Featured Sale Items at Brownells.
Prices May Go Even Lower When the Sale Commences Tomorrow:
Share the post "Brownells Black Friday Sale Kicks Off Tomorrow (Thanksgiving)"
November 4th, 2013
Ten bucks off an order of $25.00 or more? Now that’s a deal. Applied Ballistics LLC is making this limited-time one-week special offer as a way of thanking its Facebook followers. Bryan Litz explains: “To show our appreciation and celebrate reaching 2,500 likes, we are offering everyone $10 off your entire purchase of $25 or more. This offer is good today (November 4, 2013) through Sunday, November 10, 2013.” To get your onetime discount, simply enter offer Code ‘FBLike’ when shopping via the Applied Ballistics Webstore. NOTE: You do NOT need to be registered with Facebook to qualify for the ten-dollar discount. This deal is for everybody. Can’t complain about that.
Share the post "Save $10.00 on Applied Ballistics Orders Over $25.00"
May 30th, 2013
Let’s face it — economic times are still tough, so it’s important to save money whenever possible. Prices are going up, but wages aren’t following (for most of us). Here are seven ways shooters can save money on gear purchases and other shooting-related expenses.
1. Share a Ride to Matches. With gas costing close to $4.25 per gallon in many areas of the country, fuel has become a significant part of an active shooter’s hobby budget. Yet over 90% of shooters drive solo to matches, often in large, gas-guzzling trucks. If you drive 100 miles roundtrip to attend a match in a 20-mpg vehicle, you’re going to burn nearly $20.00 worth of gas total out and back. By simply sharing the ride with one fellow shooter you can cut your fuel expenditures in half.
2. Use Discount Codes to Save. It’s always smart to check for discount codes before you buy. In the Daily Bulletin, we regularly highlight important sales, and we provide discount Coupon Codes when available. By using discount codes when shopping online, you can typically save 10-15% on your purchases. For example, right now Brownells is running a Promo that offers $5.00 flat-rate shipping on orders or $125.00 or more. Just use Code DUT during check-out. If you can’t find a Coupon Code for your preferred vendor, visit RetailMeNot.com and/or SlickGuns.com. Both those sites list current coupon codes, and RetailMeNot.com covers thousands of vendors.
4. Shop for “Demo” Optics. Modern high-quality optics can easily cost $1500.00 or more, often exceeding the value of the rifle on which they are mounted. However, you can often save 20-30% by purchasing demo optics. These are normally display units used at trade shows. They may have slight ringmarks, but otherwise they are “as new”, having never been carried in the field or used on a rifle that has fired live ammo. When purchasing demo scopes, you should always ask about the warranty before consummating the sale. However, most demo scopes from name-brand manufacturers come with full factory warranties. EuroOptic.com and SWFA.com are two respected vendors that offer a good selection of demo optics.
5. Train with Rimfire Rifles. The true cost of shooting a match-grade centerfire rifle, when you consider barrel wear, approaches $1.00 per round. READ Shooting Cost Article. By contrast, decent .22LR target ammo sells for under $0.19 per round (though it is, admittedly, hard to find right now). Good rimfire barrels last a long, long time, so you don’t have to be concerned about wearing out your barrel quickly. A quality rimfire barrel can retain its accuracy for 7,000 rounds or more. If you run the ballistics, a .22LR round at 100 yards can emulate the wind drift experienced by a centerfire cartridge at long range. This allows for effective cross-training with much less expensive ammo.
6. Check Out the Forum Classifieds. There are great deals to be found every day in the AccurateShooter Shooters’ Forum. The latest deals are listed on our home page. To see all the listings, browse through the Forum MarketPlace section which has four main categories:
- Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels
- Tools, Dies, Rests, Reloading Components & Misc
- Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.
- Commercial Sales by Paid Sponsors
7. Take Advantage of Factory Rebates. There are some attractive rebates available right now from quality manufacturers such as Bushnell, Leupold, RCBS, Sightron, and Zeiss. You have to be a bit wary because rebates are typically used to move less-popular merchandise. But some rebates, such as the current RCBS Bucks or Bullets Rebate, apply to very wide range of merchandise, so it’s hard to go wrong. Just make sure that, when you buy a product, you retain the sales slip and the original packaging (it’s also wise to print out online orders). To qualify for the rebate, you may need to mail in a product identification code found on the box, along with your original sales receipt.
Share the post "Money-Saving Strategies for Shooters"
April 4th, 2013
If you want a March scope, now’s a good time to buy. Jim Kelbly of Kelbly’s Inc. has announced that, during the month of April, “March Scopes are being reduced by 10% for any March Scope in inventory.”
Jim adds: “We have a number of March scopes in inventory and many of the most popular models are [in-stock now]. So give us a call here at Kelbly’s at 330-683-4674 if you would like to purchase a March Scope or check inventory.”
Remember — if you snooze, you lose. The folks at Kelbly’s expect the in-stock inventory of the most popular March scopes to sell out fast. NOTE: This 10% savings offer is limited to March scopes currently in-stock at Kelbly’s. Backordered items or units to be delivered in the future are not discounted.
Share the post "April SALE — Save 10% on In-Stock March Scopes at Kelbly’s"
March 8th, 2013
In honor of “March is Reading” month, Applied Ballistics is running a sale on both Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting and Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting books by Bryan Litz. Through the end of March, both titles will be discounted by $5.00 from Applied Ballistics’ online store.
Applied Ballistics also supports youth education. During “March is Reading” month, $1.00 from each book sold will be donated to the 100 Libraries in 100 Days campaign. This crowd-funding campaign was established to provide book donations to libraries across the country.
Applied Ballistics invites readers to enjoy a discount on these two respected shooting books, while at the same time supporting libraries which encourage young people to read good books.
Share the post "Save $5.00 on Bryan Litz Books and Help Libraries"
February 11th, 2013
Here’s a great promotion if you need an affordable target scope or variable-power hunting scope. Weaver Optics is now offering substantial rebates on Weaver T-Series target scopes and V-Series hunting scopes (16-power and above). With this offer you can get $75.00 back on a 24X or 36X T-Series target scope, or $50.00 off a Classic V-Series varmint scope. In addition, there are $25.00 rebates on Kaspa and 40/44 scopes and Weaver “Classic” Binoculars.
The Weaver T-Series 36x40mm scope remains a popular and reliable benchrest scope that is still found on many top competitors’ rifles. The T-24, 24-power scope is popular with rimfire shooters as well as many “paper punchers” who don’t need 36X magnification. Since both scopes share a 40mm objective, the 24X version has a larger exit pupil, which makes head position less critical. Both 24X and 36X T-Series scopes have front-adjusting objectives for parallax control.
Pre-Qualify Online for Rebates: www.sporting.myonlinerebate.com
Check Status of Rebate Request: www.sporting.mycheckstatus.com
Share the post "Rebates on Weaver Optics — $75.00 Off T-Series Target Scopes"
November 15th, 2012
On “Black Friday”, the day after Thanksgiving, stores nationwide offer big discounts on merchandise. There are some amazing deals to be had in retail outlets — if you’re willing to fight hordes of crazed consumers.
Thankfully, many smart merchants now offer Black Friday deals online, so you can avoid the mobs. Traditionally, electronics, video games, clothing, toys, and home furnishings are discounted deeply on Black Friday. But there are also many money-saving opportunities on guns, shooting accessories, hunting gear, and reloading supplies.
To aid your Black Friday deal hunting, SlickGuns.com has assembled a list of gun- and shooting-related Black Friday bargains and special promotions. On the SlickGuns’ Black Friday 2012 Deal Page you’ll find a long list of Black Friday sale items including air guns, handguns, ammunition, reloading gear, gun safes, hunting gear and much more. SlickGuns.com also has scans of the Black Friday print flyers so you can see deals that may not be listed on websites.
CLICK HERE for Gun-Related Black Friday Deals
Outdoor gear vendors offering Black Friday Sales/Promotions include Bass Pro Shops, Brownells, Cabela’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Gander Mountain, MidwayUSA, Sports Authority, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Walmart (and more). On the SlickGuns.com website, you can access all Black Friday Specials with one click, and then narrow your search by vendor, product category, or price.
Share the post "Find Gun-Related Black Friday Sales on SlickGuns.com"
November 13th, 2012
21st Century Shooting crafts some of the best precision handloading tools you can buy. This company’s neck-turning tools, priming tools, funnels, flash-hole tools, and other specialty tools are truly excellent pieces of kit. The 21st Century neck-turner, fitted in the company’s innovative neck-turning lathe, is an outstanding system for turning case-necks. Now holiday shoppers can save money on 21st Century’s entire product line. 21st Century is offering 10% off all products ordered through its website, www.21stCenturyShooting.com.
To get 10% off your online order, simply use the Discount Code 1210holiday25 during check-out, placing “1210holiday25″ in the box marked “REDEEM CODE”. With the money you save you can buy more cool tools, or set aside your savings for bullets, brass, and powder.
Discount Tip from EdLongrange. We welcome reader submissions.
Share the post "Get 10% Off All 21st Century Tools and Reloading Products"
November 12th, 2012
Here’s a good deal from Cabelas.com, but you have act quickly — the $20 OFF deal expires Nov. 13th at 11:59 pm. If you supply an email address, you’ll get a Promo Code entitling you to $20.00 off any internet or catalog order of $150.00 or more. Use this to stock up on gear and supplies at the end of the year. While you’re shopping, check out Cabela’s Bargain Cave for some great deals. This $20.00 Off Promo is good through November 13, 2012, at 11:59 pm EST.
Offer is valid for purchases made at Cabelas.com or catalog call center. Not valid on Gift Certificates, Gift Cards, or licenses. Offer may be used only once. Offer cannot be used on prior purchases. Offer cannot be used in combination with any other promotion, rebate or previous offers. Offer not valid at our Canada store locations, call center or cabelas.ca website.
Offer tip from EdLongrange. We welcome reader submissions.
Share the post "Cabelas.com Promo — $20.00 Off Orders of $150.00 or More"