German Boar Hunter Shows Rapid Fire Skills with Sauer 202
Check out this video of a young German hunter, Franz Albrecht Öttingen-Spielberg. Shooting off-hand with a Sauer 202 bolt action, he makes multiple kills on wild boar running at full speed. Half way through the video, a pack of boar crosses right to left, running fast. You need slow motion to see all Franz’s hits as he engages one animal after another. He doesn’t hit with every shot, but a quick count shows that nearly half his shots, fired rapid-fire from a standing position, were solid takedowns. Notice how Franz “leads” his prey, moving the muzzle from right to left along the animals’ path.
Slow-Mo Video Reveals Knock-Down Power of 7mm Rem Magnum
Near the beginning of the video, slow-motion footage reveals bullet trace, and the bullet’s impact on a running boar. The shot takes the boar right at the top of the shoulder and the animal goes down in a heap. This is impressive shooting. The video shows what is possible with a skilled marksmen, a powerful cartridge (7mm Rem Magnum), and an accurate, smooth-cycling bolt gun.
- Greatest Hits: German Boar Hunter with Sauer 202 — Rapid Fire
- Amazing Slow-Motion Videos From Remington R&D Network
- Must-See Slow-Motion Videos Show Bullet Impacts
- Trick-Shooter Splits Rimfire Tracer Bullet on Machete Blade
- Slow-Motion Video Shows Bullets Pass Through Muzzle Brakes