Spectacular Arms on Display in NRA’s Petersen Gallery
In late 2010, the NRA’s National Firearms Museum opened its Robert E. Petersen Gallery, which now showcases 400 of the finest and most valuable firearms from the publishing magnate’s world-renowned collection. We know most of you haven’t yet visited the Petersen Gallery, so we’re presenting some “eye candy” from the Gallery to give you an idea of the quality of the collection.
If you can’t make it to Fairfax, VA to view the collection first-hand, you can view a “virtual gallery” on NRAMuseum.com. The flash-based web gallery features hundreds of pro-quality “glamour shots” of the most notable arms in Petersen’s collection, including spectacular double guns and historic Gatlings. Controls allow you to rotate and zoom the images. Below are some representative samples from the Petersen Collection online gallery. CLICK HERE to view dozens more.
All images copyright © NRA Museum, used with permission.
- New National Sporting Arms Museum Opens August 2 in Missouri
- Engraved Colt Woodsman — Blued Beauty by J.M. Browning
- Stunning Carbonia-Blued Colt Woodsman from NRA Museum
- Zeiss 85mm DiaScope Named Hunting Magazine’s Editor’s Choice
- ‘Gun Road Show’ in North Dakota June 12-13