Cartridge Chess — A Clever Idea for Gun Guys
Fall is here, and winter is coming. What are you going to do when it’s too cold outside to go shooting? How about a game of “Cartridge Chess”, with chess pieces sourced from your own ammunition collection? We think the Cartridge Chess set is pretty clever, and it’s bound to be a conversation-starter at home or at the hunting lodge.
Create Your Own Cartridge Chess Set
This is a 3-D rendering found on the Cheaper Than Dirt Facebook page. We’d like to see a chess set with actual cartridges (assembled without powder or primers), perhaps with .32 ACP pawns and the 50 BMG and .338 LM as King and Queen.
Challenge: How many cartridge and shotshell types can you identify? The Pawns look like 9mm or 40sw pistol cartridges, while the Rooks (Castles) are obviously 12ga shotgun shells.
- Powder Valley Offers Russian TulAmmo Primers (Wolf Clones)
- New Traditions™ Brass-Cased, Weighted Training Cartridges
- Midsouth's David 'Dirt' King — Musician, Hunting Guide, TV Host, CEO
- Handy Charts Identify Correct Ammo Boxes for your Cartridge
- FREE Official Cartridge Diagrams on SAAMI Website