January 8th, 2014
When introduced last year, the original Nightforce 15-55x52mm Comp Scope sold for $2231.00 (or more). Now that same 2013 edition Nightforce Comp Scope can be yours for just $1850.00. This is a special promotion for AccurateShooter.com readers and Forum members. The 2013 Edition Comp Scopes are on sale because the Gen One model has been replaced by a second-generation model.
Call (570) 368-3920 to Get 15-55 NF Comp Scope for $1850.00
IMPORTANT: To get the super-low $1850.00 price you must call or email EuroOptic and mention that you saw this offer on Accurateshooter.com. Otherwise the price on EuroOptic’s website is $1950.00. To get the $1850.00 price call (570) 368-3920 or email sales [at] eurooptic.com and request the AccurateShooter.com Nightforce 2013 Competition Scope Special.
The 2014 version of the Nightforce 15-55 Comp Scope will cost at least $2352.00 (MAP) and it will not arrive at dealers for many more weeks (or months). If you buy the 2013 Edition NF Comp Scope you can save $502.00 compared to the 2014 model, and you can get your scope right now. Saving over $500.00 provides a pretty compelling reason to go with a Gen One 2013 model. NOTE: This is a LIMITED-QUANTITY Offer. When these scopes are gone they’re gone (2013 model NF 15-55x52mm Comp Scope has been discontinued).
What’s the Difference Between 2013 Comp Scope and 2014 Model?
The 2014 edition has turrets with 10 MOA per revolution instead of 5 MOA per revolution. The 2014 model also has a zero-stop feature and more reticle choices. Other than that, the previous 2013 Edition is pretty much the same as the later version. Both have 15-55X magnification, boht have 0.125 MOA click values, both have 52mm front objectives, and both have 80-90mm eye relief. The 2013 does have some advantages — it offers 60 MOA of elevation and 60 MOA of windage travel. The 2014 version only has 55 MOA of elevation and 50 MOA of windage. Also, the SILVER COLOR is only offered in the 2013 Edition. The 2014 model comes only in Black.
Share the post "Gen 1 Nightforce 15-55X Comp Scope $1850.00 at EuroOptic.com"
December 22nd, 2013
Christmas is just a few days away. If your’re looking for a good gift for a serious shooter, consider a book. A well-written book can serve as a valued resource for many years. Right now Creedmoor Sports is running a special Holiday Sale on many popular book titles. Here are 12 book items on sale, and you’ll find more discounted books at CreedmoorSports.com.
Shooting Books on Sale at Creedmoor Sports
|Shots Fired In Anger, $20.00 on Sale
(Reg. $27.95), Item BK-SFA
Hatcher’s Book of the Garand, $24.00 on Sale
(Reg. $29.95), Item BK-HBG
Ways of the Rifle, $59.00 on Sale
(Reg. $74.95), Item C1289
Handloading for Competition, $31.00 on Sale
(Reg. $34.95), Item C1286
David Tubb’s Highpower Rifle, $24.00 on Sale
(Reg. $29.95), Item C1251
|Service Rifle Slings, $13.00 on Sale
(Reg. $14.95), Item BK-SRS
Air Rifle Shooting, $59.00 on Sale
(Reg. $73.95), Item AHG3980
Precision Shooting with M1 Garand,
$9.00 on Sale, (Reg. $12.95), Item C1270
Mental Training in Shooting, $39.00 on Sale
(Reg. $48.95) Item AHG8299
Slings and Things, $18.00 on Sale
(Reg. $19.95), Item BK-SAT
Share the post "Shooting Books on Sale at Creedmoor Sports"
December 4th, 2013
Every shooter needs a gun vise to hold a rifle securely during cleaning, scope-fitting, and other operations. Ideally the vise should adapt to a variety of firearms and have storage for patches, jags, and solvents. The Tipton Best Gun Vise fits the bill, and right now you can get this versatile vise for just $49.99 at Cabelas.com. The Tipton Best Gun Vise is an highly-adaptable unit that can be configured in many ways.
This is a very good deal — you may want to jump on it. Consider this — the lowest price we found elsewhere was $81.57 at Amazon.com. Cabela’s normally sells this unit for $99.99, so the $49.99 Sale Price is a steal.
Best Gun Vise Offers Great Adjustability
On the “Best” Vise, the front support, center support, and rear support all slide back and forth AND adjust for height. That makes the Best Vise incredibly versatile. It has a convertible central support that works well for AR rifles, and even some handguns. One Tipton Best Vise owner explains: “I am a gunsmith and am always putting guns in awkward positions to work on them. The versatility from the adjustable parts of this vise makes those once awkward positions stable and solid. I have yet to find a position the vise would not hold my gun in. This product was very well thought out and is well worth the money.”
Another verified owner of the Tipton Best Gun Vise says: “The center post is reversible with long and short towers which makes it great for break-open guns like single shots, over/under, and my favorite, my AR. The clamps can be pre-adjusted so that you just place the buttstock between the protective clamp pads and squeeze the cam-locks on each side and you’re ready to clean, work on, or even [do a bore-sighting]. The vise has a nice assortment of different shaped storage slots (some round, some rectangular) to hold solvent, patches, brushes or other tools. It is very sturdy… and made to last.”
To really understand how the Tipton Best Gun Vise can adapt to just about any rifle, you have to see it in action. In the video below, MidwayUSA President Larry Potterfield puts a Best Gun Vise through its paces, and shows hows to adjust the various supports.
Sale Find by EdLongrange. We welcome reader submissions.
Share the post "Tipton Best Gun Vise on Sale for $49.99 at Cabelas.com"
November 29th, 2013
Forum members have asked “what’s the best option in a spotting scope in the $500 to $1000 price range?” We’d certainly have to include Kowa spotting scopes on the “short list” for value-priced, high-performance spotters. And now Kowa spotting scopes are cheaper than ever, thanks to Bullets.com’s Holiday Kowa Promotion. Kowa Spotting scope and binoculars are on sale at Bullets.com for up to 26% off regular list prices.
If you need an affordable spotting scope for High Power matches or hunting, consider the 66mm or 82mm Kowas. If you want a no-compromise, ultra-low-dispersion glass, category-leading spotting scope, take a look at the 88mm Kowa Prominars. These have been rated among the “best of the best” in a variety of independent spotting scope comparison tests. Bullets.com is also discounting a wide range of Kowa binoculars.
Share the post "Kowa Spotting Scopes and Binocs on Sale at Bullets.com"
October 2nd, 2013
The good folks at Kelbly’s have announced a great October sales promotion. If you buy a March scope — any March scope in stock — you’ll earn a $300.00 credit that can be used to purchase any other products Kelbly’s sells. That includes rings, reloading gear, bullets, and many more items you’ll find at www.Kelbly.com.
Jim Kelbly explains how this works:
“For the month of October only, buy a March Scope in stock and get $300.00 of credit towards Kelbly’s products and the Kelbly’s store. Kelbly’s now carries a number of reloading products and bullets. The credit can be used same day as scope purchase to get scope rings or anything else we sell. This sale is for any March Scope in stock. With over 150 scopes in stock there is a great selection of scopes. If you would like to see a inventory of scopes just email us and we will send [that] to you. If you have any questions just email or call. NOTE: Scopes will only be sold to U.S. citizens and shipped to U.S. addresses.”
For more information, email jim[at]kelbly.com or call (330) 683-4674 and ask about the October Promo.
Share the post "Get a $300.00 Kelbly’s Credit When You Buy a March Scope"
September 7th, 2013
If you are looking for a spotting scope, here’s a very good deal. The 20-60X Vortex Viper spotting scope (angled or straight) is now on sale at Cabela’s for just $479.99. That’s much cheaper than we’ve ever seen it, and it is currently listed elsewhere for up to $649.00. This spotter features a large 80mm multi-coated front objective, 20-60X zoom eyepiece, and scratch-resistant polymer armor on the scope body. There is a rotating tripod attachment ring, and a Picatinny rail for mounting accessories. The $479.99 Cabela’s sale price includes the 20-60X eyepiece. This is a limited-time offer — price subject to change.
Product Tip from EdLongrange. We welcome reader submissions.
While Vortex says this scope has “extra-low dispersion” glass, this model should not be confused with Vortex’s more expensive Razor HD line of spotting scopes. Nonetheless, this Viper spotter is all the spotting scope most hunters or iron-sight high power shooters need. If you’re trying to spot 6mm bullet holes beyond 500m, you will want to move up to something better.
Share the post "Vortex 20-60x80mm Viper Spotting Scope on Sale for $479.99"
July 9th, 2013
If you need a riflescope at a bargain-basement price, Natchez Shooters Supply (Natchez) is running a big sale on Weaver Scopes right now. You’ll find huge savings on scopes big and small, ranging from a 1.5-4.5x24mm all the way up to an 8-32x50mm. The discounts off MSRP are really pretty remarkable. For example, a Wever 6-24x50mm Classic Extreme Scope with illuminated reticle (and 30mm tube) is now just $339.95, marked down from $579.00. (That’s a 41% price cut). The Weaver 2.5-10x56mm Classic Extreme scope, a good general-purpose 30mm-tube hunting scope, is marked way down to $299.95. Original MSRP on this scope was $926.88, and it sells elsewhere for over $550.00. Most of these scopes are discontinued models, but they still carry the normal Weaver warranty.
Scope Sale tip from EdLongrange. We welcome reader submissions.
NOTE: to find particular on-sale models, we suggest you type “Weaver” plus the scope power description in the Natchez home page search field. For example, type “Weaver 2.5-10×56″. That should bring up the item with the low sale price.
Share the post "Big Discounts on Weaver Scopes at Natchez Shooters Supply"
July 6th, 2013
Need quality bullets at affordable prices? Powder Valley Inc. (PVI) has made a huge purchase of FOUR MILLION factory second bullets from a major manufacturer. These come in lots of 500 bullets at great prices. How about $73.95/500 for .224 caliber bullets? That’s just $14.79 per hundred! If you shoot a .30-caliber rifle, PVI also has 168gr and 175gr factory second bullets at great prices. The 168s are $109.95/500 while the 175s are $115.95/500. These factory-second bullets are found on Powder Valley’s Specials Page (Go to PowderValleyInc.com and click on the blue “Specials” Link in the top left.)
NOTE: All these bullets are in stock right now, but we expect these to sell out fast. Note, you can not purchase small quantities. These are only offered in lots of 500.
|PVI Special Purchase Major Brand Bullets
||.224 77 GR HPBT (500) (Major mfg factory seconds)
||.308 168 GR HPBT (500) (Major mfg factory seconds)
||.308 175 GR HPBT (500) (Major mfg factory seconds)
Share the post "Powder Valley Has Factory Second Bullets at Rock-Bottom Prices"
May 30th, 2013
Let’s face it — economic times are still tough, so it’s important to save money whenever possible. Prices are going up, but wages aren’t following (for most of us). Here are seven ways shooters can save money on gear purchases and other shooting-related expenses.
1. Share a Ride to Matches. With gas costing close to $4.25 per gallon in many areas of the country, fuel has become a significant part of an active shooter’s hobby budget. Yet over 90% of shooters drive solo to matches, often in large, gas-guzzling trucks. If you drive 100 miles roundtrip to attend a match in a 20-mpg vehicle, you’re going to burn nearly $20.00 worth of gas total out and back. By simply sharing the ride with one fellow shooter you can cut your fuel expenditures in half.
2. Use Discount Codes to Save. It’s always smart to check for discount codes before you buy. In the Daily Bulletin, we regularly highlight important sales, and we provide discount Coupon Codes when available. By using discount codes when shopping online, you can typically save 10-15% on your purchases. For example, right now Brownells is running a Promo that offers $5.00 flat-rate shipping on orders or $125.00 or more. Just use Code DUT during check-out. If you can’t find a Coupon Code for your preferred vendor, visit RetailMeNot.com and/or SlickGuns.com. Both those sites list current coupon codes, and RetailMeNot.com covers thousands of vendors.
4. Shop for “Demo” Optics. Modern high-quality optics can easily cost $1500.00 or more, often exceeding the value of the rifle on which they are mounted. However, you can often save 20-30% by purchasing demo optics. These are normally display units used at trade shows. They may have slight ringmarks, but otherwise they are “as new”, having never been carried in the field or used on a rifle that has fired live ammo. When purchasing demo scopes, you should always ask about the warranty before consummating the sale. However, most demo scopes from name-brand manufacturers come with full factory warranties. EuroOptic.com and SWFA.com are two respected vendors that offer a good selection of demo optics.
5. Train with Rimfire Rifles. The true cost of shooting a match-grade centerfire rifle, when you consider barrel wear, approaches $1.00 per round. READ Shooting Cost Article. By contrast, decent .22LR target ammo sells for under $0.19 per round (though it is, admittedly, hard to find right now). Good rimfire barrels last a long, long time, so you don’t have to be concerned about wearing out your barrel quickly. A quality rimfire barrel can retain its accuracy for 7,000 rounds or more. If you run the ballistics, a .22LR round at 100 yards can emulate the wind drift experienced by a centerfire cartridge at long range. This allows for effective cross-training with much less expensive ammo.
6. Check Out the Forum Classifieds. There are great deals to be found every day in the AccurateShooter Shooters’ Forum. The latest deals are listed on our home page. To see all the listings, browse through the Forum MarketPlace section which has four main categories:
- Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels
- Tools, Dies, Rests, Reloading Components & Misc
- Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.
- Commercial Sales by Paid Sponsors
7. Take Advantage of Factory Rebates. There are some attractive rebates available right now from quality manufacturers such as Bushnell, Leupold, RCBS, Sightron, and Zeiss. You have to be a bit wary because rebates are typically used to move less-popular merchandise. But some rebates, such as the current RCBS Bucks or Bullets Rebate, apply to very wide range of merchandise, so it’s hard to go wrong. Just make sure that, when you buy a product, you retain the sales slip and the original packaging (it’s also wise to print out online orders). To qualify for the rebate, you may need to mail in a product identification code found on the box, along with your original sales receipt.
Share the post "Money-Saving Strategies for Shooters"
May 22nd, 2013
Cabelas.com is running a huge Memorial Day Weekend sale. Now through May 27, 2013, prices are marked down on thousands of items, including Hunting, shooting, and reloading products.
To make Cabela’s Memorial Day Sale even more attractive, Cabelas.com is also offering $5.00 Flat-Rate Shipping if your order totals $99.00 or more (ammo excluded). To qualify, use Promo CODE 53FLAT during check-out. This offer is valid through May 27th. Additional shipping charges for large or heavy items still apply.
Here are some of the good deals:
Hornady L-N-L Auto-Charge Electronic Powder Dispenser/Scale: $219.99 on Sale (Save $50)
Lyman Turbo-Sonic TS-6000 Cleaning Machine: $269.99 on Sale (Save $89)
Nikon Riflehunter 550 Laser Rangefinder: $239.99 on Sale (Save $50)
Caldwell Stable Table Shooting Bench: $219.99 on Sale (Save $35)
Fine Print: Offer does not apply to firearms. Good on Standard Express shipping to U.S. Deliverable Addresses ONLY. Not valid with any other offer. Offer cannot be used on prior purchases. Offer is valid for purchases made at Cabelas.com or catalog call center.
Share the post "Cabela’s Memorial Day Sale — $5 Shipping with $99 Order"
April 4th, 2013
If you want a March scope, now’s a good time to buy. Jim Kelbly of Kelbly’s Inc. has announced that, during the month of April, “March Scopes are being reduced by 10% for any March Scope in inventory.”
Jim adds: “We have a number of March scopes in inventory and many of the most popular models are [in-stock now]. So give us a call here at Kelbly’s at 330-683-4674 if you would like to purchase a March Scope or check inventory.”
Remember — if you snooze, you lose. The folks at Kelbly’s expect the in-stock inventory of the most popular March scopes to sell out fast. NOTE: This 10% savings offer is limited to March scopes currently in-stock at Kelbly’s. Backordered items or units to be delivered in the future are not discounted.
Share the post "April SALE — Save 10% on In-Stock March Scopes at Kelbly’s"