New Ballistics App for Android OS Smart-Phones
Bryan Litz, author of Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting, informed us that sophisticated new ballistics software is now available for Android OS phones. While there are ballistics programs that run on iPhones, as well as programs for Palm or Windows PDAs (Personal Digital Assistants), Bryan believes that the new Ballistics App, called SHOOTER, is the first such program for Android operating system (OS) products — such as Motorola’s Droid phone and Google’s new Nexus phone.
Bryan explained: “The SHOOTER App can be found in the Google marketplace by searching for ‘Ballistics’. I became interested in this program when I got my Android phone. There are several good programs out there for iPhones and PDAs. But SHOOTER is the first program I know of for Android. In my opinion, it won’t be topped by anything else. If you have an Android smartphone, I highly recommend checking out this application. The program is easy to install and run. Outputs are available as a single-shot solution or as a table. There is a ‘Lite’ version of SHOOTER that you can download for free, and the ‘full’ version is $9.99.”
The new “Shooter” Program for Android OS has an impressive list of features:
- G1 and G7 BC capability, with the option to input ‘velocity banded’ BCs.
- Angle Compensation (Up or Down Angle can be measured using the built-in inclinometer).
- Bullet Library which includes Litz-measured “true” BCs.
- Rifle and ammo profiles (for storing load info for all your guns).
- Atmosphere effects (pressure, temp, and humidity).
- Spin drift (requires bullet length and twist rate inputs).
- Coriolis effect (works best with GPS-equipped Android phones).
Bryan revealed: “I was heavily involved in the development of this program and can vouch for the accuracy of the solution. The actual solver is very similar to the one used in my programs and in the JBM online Ballistics Program. SHOOTER’s calculations normally match my numbers and JBM’s numbers within round-off error (0.1″ at 1000 yards).”
|Single-Distance Ballistics Solution||Multi-Distance Ballistics Table|
- Popular ‘Shooter’ Ballistics App Now Available for Apple iPhones
- Lapua Offers FREE Ballistics App for Java-Compatible Phones
- New $5.99 Ballistics App for Windows-OS Smart Phones
- Coming Soon… Ballistics Software Package for Cell Phones
- Litz Tests Android OS Ballistics App at Ultra-Long Ranges